GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 13968 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

formercane
(Stranger )
03/10/08 01:04 PM
email problems. Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I work remotely, and I am trying to email a map to my boss.  He is opening it with ArcViewer but the map isn't showing up.  Do any of you have tips on what to do in this situation?  The title and legends are showing up, but not the map.  I have tried attaching the spreadsheet with the map too, but that didn't work.  Any advice helps!  Thanks!

henrynicholas
(Stranger )
03/11/08 05:39 AM
Re: email problems. new [re: formercane]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You should export the map to a pdf file and send that to your boss as a workaround temporary solution. 

The reason your map is not showing up is because your boss does not have the data you have (at least not in the directory structure you have in your home office).  You can confirm this by asking your boss if he is seeing red exclamation marks beside the data in the map's table of contents.  If he is, this is the cause of your problem.  If you want him to be able to open the map in arcview you will need to zip up the data and map and send him both.  Due to the large file size of most GIS data this is not usually a practical solution.  But people do do it. 

good luck.

formercane
(Stranger )
03/17/08 09:27 AM
Re: email problems. new [re: henrynicholas]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

THANK YOU!  That solved all my problems.  I appreciate it...

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy