>> ESRI Product Board (Arcview, etc.)
Thread views: 4572 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
09/28/09 02:26 AM
Ways to handle large file-sized MrSID orthophoto Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Recently, I encountered some problems when serving imagery with large file size through ArcIMS. My application is using ArcIMS 9.2 + ArcSDE 9.2 + Oracle.  I had a 3GB orthophoto, covering an area of 60 km x 40 km, in MrSID file format. ArcIMS takes quite a while before it serves the orthophoto image to the screen of the client PC.

We have an idea in carving out the orthophoto image into smaller tiles or mosaics. Could this help? If yes, could you please clarify the followings for me?

- How large should the file size of each of the mosaics be for efficient retrieval by ArcIMS?
- How should I divide the 60km x 40km area to obtain optimal performance?

- Does it require additional time for ArcIMS to fuse the subdivided tiles back into a seamless image and display it on the screen?

- Are there any other approaches to improve the performance of viewing MrSID file in ArcIMS/SDE?

Jump to

Teledyne Optech
Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy