GISCafe
   >> ESRI Product Board (Arcview, etc.)
Thread views: 5481 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

hobanj
(Stranger )
10/21/09 12:40 PM
ESRI Arc Engine Raster reading Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I want to use Visual Studio 2008 and C# to read an elevation point from a raster layer.  The raster layer is from a file provided by ESRI called "ETOPO2(2 min) - USGS.lyr" and came with the ESRI EDN DVDs.   When I use the OnMouseMove event on the axMapControl I can return the latitude and longitude as decimal degrees from the map and display these on a status bar.

I have not been able to correctly return the elevation pixel value from the raster layer.  If I use the Identify tool and select the raster layer it does report back the elevation point as the Pixel value.   I would like to show the elevation value in a status bar along with the latitude and longitude when the mouse is moved over the map.  

Any help or sample code would be great.

Thanks.

Jim

Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy