GISCafe
   >> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 10095 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

hansjoerg_r
(Stranger )
12/28/08 09:26 AM
ERDAS geometric correction incl. DEM Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello,

I´d like to do some geometric correction on IMG files (which should work *smile*).

The task ist to integrate DEM (SRTM90) Information!

I use Erdas 9.3 and have to choose "Polynomial" as Geometric Model.

I don`t remember the steps to  set the Elevation File. I would be glad if anyone can give  asistance to me and fix the problem!

best regards...

pbeaty
(Stranger )
06/19/09 05:28 AM
Re: ERDAS geometric correction incl. DEM new [re: hansjoerg_r]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The Polynomial model is a 2D model. You need to use a 3D model. Ortho-correction is one 3D model that corrects for elevation displacement. Of course ortho-correction corrects for interior and exterior sensor displacements as well.

swagataIIT
(Stranger)
12/08/13 11:40 AM
Re: ERDAS geometric correction incl. DEM new [re: pbeaty]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Help: I need to orthorectify a LISS-IV image. No RPC file is associated with the image. I have DEM. How to orthorectify an image without RPC file in Erdas Imagine. Can anyone help me in this matter? Thanks in Advance.

joe@erdas.com
(Stranger )
01/10/14 07:36 AM
Re: ERDAS geometric correction incl. DEM new [re: swagataIIT]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The RPC file obviously makes registration much easier since it contains the ephemeris data to orthorectify.  However, as long as you can view the image in the viewer you can use GCP’s to resample and at least georectify the image.  You won’t get quite the accuracy without the RPC’s since it takes more sensor model parameters into consideration, but with enough GCP’s distributed across the image your georeferenced output can be achieved.  From the Help tab run a search for GCP at the advantage level of ERDAS Imagine to find the GUI for this process.  Hope this helps.

-Joe

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy