>> GIS - Remote Sensing; Imagery
Thread views: 28974 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
11/07/06 07:25 AM
detecting methane and carbondioxide levels new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

can i please get a quick response on the below topic:

Using remote sensing to detect carbondioxide and methane levels in the atmosphere. Details should include:
-sensor use
-factors that affect the sensor and measurement
-processing methods required
Thank you.

(Stranger )
08/27/07 01:12 AM
Re: detecting methane and carbondioxide levels [re: tanko]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have worked on "Detection of Fuel Hydrocarbons using hyperspectral Satellite Imagery" in pakistan as my MS research thesis.So basically you have to get a Hyperspectral image of your study area.This can be from AVIRIS or Hyperion.Both AVIRIS and HYPERION have very fine spectral resolution for the identification of objects in gaseous state.AVIRIS is air-borne and HYPERION is space-borne.You can do the analysis in either ENVI 4.3 or Erdas Imagine 9.1.What you have to look in your image are the spectral signatures of Methane(CH4) and carbondioxide(CO2).You will mark all those areas where you will find these spectral signatures.Than you have to perform ground truthing ideally with a spectrometer in order to verify your results.

Saad Shams

GIS Consultant

Landmark Resources (LMKR)

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Textron - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy