>> GIS Tools
Thread views: 9003 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
01/29/09 01:22 AM
Hawth's Tools, need help displaying KDE raster. Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm a graduate student who is doing thesis research on cottonmouth ecology, including home ranges of a subset of the study population. I've been using ArcMap 9.1 and Hawth's Tools to do this. I am converting Excel files with GPS coordinates to dBase 4 files in order to load the points on the map of the study site. So far I've figured out how to do MCP home ranges, however I am having trouble getting kernel home ranges to be displayed, using the fixed KDE tool w/ default parameters. It calculates everything and stores the files in the folder I selected, but when I try to add the raster on the map, instead of a nice contoured home range it just shows this big black square w/ a white center where the points were, along with error message "the following data sources are missing spatial reference information. This data can be drawn on ArcMap, but cannot be projected.", referring to the raster file. Does anyone know how to include this spatial reference information, bearing in mind that I've only been using ArcView for a month or so now. Smile

Thank you very much,

(Stranger )
09/21/09 03:01 PM
Re: Hawth's Tools, need help displaying KDE raster. new [re: AJM77]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I too am a postgrad student working on movement in GIS. To get the kernal density estimater read out to make sense I think you have to ensure that the point layer you are using is in a projected coordinate system.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy