GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 5013 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

smurray444
(Stranger )
03/18/09 10:01 AM
Using the 'Batch' to Iterate through input files Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Dear all,

I have just started looking into using the 'batch' command to iterate a process on approximately 1000 different files.

1. Is it possible, in the 'batch grid' table, to instruct ArcCatalog to execute the process on all files within a particular folder and/or sub-folders, rather than having to insert ~1000 rows and select each file individually? The other columns will contain non-variable instructions (i.e. the same process will hopefully be executed on each of the files).

2. I'm hoping to batch the 'Zonal Statistics as Table' command (in Spatial Analyst Tools), but I'm assuming there's no easy way of creating one master table of the process outputs and that it'll output ~1000 separate tables. Is there a way round having to do 1000 column join/append operations?

Many thanks for any help offered,

Steve

pbeaty
(Stranger )
06/19/09 08:44 AM
Re: Using the 'Batch' to Iterate through input files new [re: smurray444]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Have you tried this in ERDAS IMAGINE? It has a batch building tool for automatic file selection, variable editing, and so forth.  99% of the time, raster is better in ERDAS IMAGINE, and in ERDAS IMAGINE 2010 (fall 2009), parallel processing in batch will be implemented (process 1 image on each core you have on your CPU).

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Topcon

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy