GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 3549 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

GISNewbie
(Stranger )
04/27/10 11:07 AM
Trackline in ArcMap Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi all;

I'm new to both ArcMap and this forum so thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

I'm writing today to see if anyone knows how to add a "Trackline" of data to a map in ArcMap.  My dilemma is that I've loaded a satellite image and a base topo map, added a grid, added a point location, and all is well.  I would like to be able to load a file (csv, text, excel, etc) of points and have this display as a trackline on the top of the map.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may be able to do this? I feel it should use the "Add Route Events" feature, but I have no idea what to use when that feature asks me for a "Route Reference" and a "Route Identifier".  I'd assume the Event Table would be my data?  Perhaps I'm completely wrong...

Thanks so much in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

SteveBoulanger
(Stranger )
11/10/10 04:07 AM
Re: Trackline in ArcMap new [re: GISNewbie]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I read some where that line and point features have to be exported to different files. Line feature exports trackline data and point feature supports exported position of ambiance.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

softmouse 3D
Geographic Data Manager
GIS Technical Project Manager
GIS Analyst
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy