GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 69873 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

pholmstr
(Stranger )
03/01/06 08:29 AM
Free Bulk Geocoding Tool Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I put together a free bulk geocoding tool for getting lat/long data and mapping multiple locations. It uses Yahoo's new Gecodoing API. Yahoo's datasets are quite complete and accurate, so the geocoder works quite a bit better than those based on TIGER data. Here is the address:

http://www.batchgeocode.com

It works for U.S. and Canadian addresses. Any feedback on it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
-Phillip

Mark2006
(Stranger )
09/27/06 12:51 PM
Re: Free Bulk Geocoding Tool new [re: pholmstr]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Philip,
I was wondering if you tried Oracle Spatial (Oracle Spatial and Locator). Someone told me that this tool is better than ArcIMS Goecode Router. I am trying to compare ESRI tool with Oracle spatial and bacthgeocoding. My company (Lockheed Martin) is trying to choose one but I don't know which one is good.

Batchgeocoding:
1. Is there any reliable info about batchgeocoding data source.?

2. Is there any data limitations since I have 1.8 million records to be geocoded? I wan to give all in one layer or file. is this possible?

Please help.

Thanks

Mark

pholmstr
(Stranger )
09/27/06 01:13 PM
Re: Free Bulk Geocoding Tool new [re: Mark2006]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Data sources are TeleAtlas and Navteq... basically the best commercial transportation data.

Mark2006
(Stranger )
09/27/06 01:22 PM
Re: Free Bulk Geocoding Tool new [re: pholmstr]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Is there a data limitation since I have 1.8 million records?
Mark

keithmaclac
(Stranger )
11/03/06 09:45 AM
Re: Free Bulk Geocoding Tool new [re: Mark2006]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Mark2006,

Did you eventually find your geocoder?

Have you tried MapInfo MapMarkerPlus? It is a very robust address geocoder. It runs off GDT street network files and has a range of different optinos for geocoding.

You can restrict geocoding to match exact street names, and ranges, and city name, or you can relax the rules depending on the level off accuracy you need.

You can check out more at: http://extranet.mapinfo.com/products/Overview.cfm?productid=9

I hope you find a solution.

Cheers,

Keith

Category Analyst
The Oppenheimer Group

jacksbin
(Stranger )
02/22/10 01:15 AM
Re: Free Bulk Geocoding Tool new [re: keithmaclac]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hey All,

You could check out http://www.bulkgeocoder.com. We have a limitation of 100 million records - so you could easily get your 1.8 million records geocoded by uploading all the records in a single file.

Mark, do let me know if you still have any geocoding requirements.

Jack

BulkGeocoder.com

IvanTasev
(Stranger )
02/23/11 01:41 PM
Re: Free Bulk Geocoding Tool new [re: jacksbin]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi, All!

I would like to share with you this cute Google Maps Geocoding and reverse geocoding tool:

Geocoding Tool

Cheers!!! Wink

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy