GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 21621 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

kas
(Stranger )
03/13/06 08:15 AM
Mapguide Vs Esri Solution Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am looking for any insight as to implementing an ESRI GIS solution, versus an Autodesk Mapguide GIS solution. I realize the two products are very different in terms of functionality. But they can both accomplish relatively the same task. We are not so concerned about the data analysis that ESRI can do, but would like just a functional map, that is very user friendly.

Our organization currently uses AutoCad Map to do any of our engineering drawings, which the gis will be based off of. Our current GIS system is Mapguide based.

We are now looking at the project once again and reconsidering our options. If anybody has used ESRI, or Mapguide, maybe you could help with your comments, pros or cons, or just general insight.

Thanks.

Kas

Colin01
(Stranger )
01/08/09 01:38 AM
Re: Mapguide Vs Esri Solution new [re: kas]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi Kas

With a name like KAs I am sutre you must be in SA?  Kas we can assist you.  My name is Colin Taute, I represent Aisel systems.  We are one of the accredited Autodesk reseller that specialize in GIS and Civil engineering.  I realize that Mapguide 6.5 users were a bit unhappy as they need to upgrade to enterprise to recieve new software.  Please contact me at colin@aisel.co.za or (012) 665-0134

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy