>> GIS Tools
Thread views: 2168 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
05/26/11 08:14 AM
Traffic Flow Density as Polygons Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am looking for any and all help with an issue I am having:

I need to create a map, titled "Traffic Flow Map of Alabama," which depicts a polygon based shapefile over roads (a mask, if you will) that depicts traffic flow density on all roads for the State of Alabama.

I have a point shapefile (and corresponding dbf table) with all the traffic data I need. What now needs completed is a polygon shapefile that somehow represents the traffic flow counts for each route segment. If you can picture it looking like a typical "select by theme or attribute" where the polygons were created using a 5 mile buffer from each route; however - I want to use the traffic counts as the deciding factor for how wide the polygon is at each correlating point on the point shapefile. So, where there are 33, 152 cars I want a thick polygon depicted - where there are 5,000 cars a very petite polygon mask depicted. BUT - I need this polygon shapfile to be inclusive - one shapefile - for the entire state of Alabama.

Any and all help is so greatly appreciated. My job depends on this!

Jump to

Textron - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy