GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 4355 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

scout
(Stranger )
03/17/12 07:11 AM
automate selection tool new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have a shapefile with roads that includes zip codes.  Is there a quick way to collect all of the roads from each zip code into their own shapefile without having to go zip code by zip code?

scrabblehack
(Newbie)
03/20/12 06:08 AM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: scout]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Are you using ArcMap or ArcInfo?

scout
(Stranger )
03/20/12 06:25 AM
Re: automate selection tool [re: scrabblehack]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ArcMap

jtibu
(Stranger )
03/20/12 12:37 PM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: scout]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ET Geowizards comes with a tool that splits your shp files via attributes. However the trial version I believe limits the splitting to 100 features.

I did a quick search on ESRIs website and someone has posted a script that should do the trick as well

http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=14127

Cheers

mali
(Stranger )
10/23/16 01:16 PM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: jtibu]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

found was looking for, thanks! 

router

monica123
(Stranger )
11/02/16 09:03 AM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: mali]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Admiring the dedication you put into your site and in depth information you present.

It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out

of date rehashed material. Great read! psoriasis

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy