GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 24853 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

far
(Stranger )
07/17/06 02:30 AM
different map scales Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This question might have been dealth with before but I would like to have a response since I'm new here and it is the first time I'm working with different map scales in a project. The maps include land use, land form, gas lines, electric lines, topography, etc. The scales range from 1:25000 to 1:1 000 000. Can anyone show me the best (most reliable and scientifically defendable) method to put them all in a database with scale at 1:25000? This is not merely for display or presentation purposes.

scrabblehack
(Stranger )
02/01/07 08:21 AM
Re: different map scales new [re: far]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Generally, combined data is reported at the lowest scale (1:1M), not the highest (1:25K in your case).

For instance, TIGER is advertised at 1:100K, even though some of its source data was 1:24K, other source data was 1:100K, so the resultant product was 1:100K.

Are there only a handful of features at 1:1M?

You could maybe list your source layers and the scale of each.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Topcon
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy