GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 62845 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

poolioiglesias
(Stranger )
08/25/06 08:35 AM
MapInfo Connect Point Tool? new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I'm running Map Info 8.0 and am looking for a tool / utility that will allow me to connect all the points withiin a table to form a polyline. Does anyone know of such a tool?

Basically, I imported a series of points (roughly a thousand) that define a portion of the US Canadian border.. I need a line and don't feel like playing connect the dots for 8 hours..

Tks!

keithmaclac
(Stranger )
11/03/06 09:48 AM
Re: MapInfo Connect Point Tool? new [re: poolioiglesias]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Did you find a solution?

Do your points have ids or anything associated with them that would represent the order in which they should be joined?

At any rate, by far the best tool for this is Safe Software's FME Suite: www.safe.com.

For $750 US you will get the most powerful and easy to use spatial data transformation tool.

I used to work for them and the standard demo was turning a series of points into a line.

If you need more help let me know.

Cheers,

Keith

Category Analyst
The Oppenheimer Group

mWholey
(Stranger )
11/15/06 02:18 PM
Re: MapInfo Connect Point Tool? new [re: poolioiglesias]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Is MapInfo able to ingest WMS layers? I have a tool that can render multiple points data as polygon or symbol. currently it is running off a SQL database.

MW

osullivj35
(Stranger )
11/16/06 10:55 AM

I can write a tool for you if you are intested let me know via the Private message functionality of this message board

osullivj35
(Stranger )
11/16/06 10:56 AM
Re: MapInfo Connect Point Tool? [re: mWholey]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Is MapInfo able to ingest WMS layers?

Yes Click File>Open Web Service>Open WMS. This will provide a dialog for you to specify your WMS details

rossf
(Stranger )
02/18/07 03:36 PM

There is an MBX for Mapinfo called "Connect the dots"
Basically it is used for GPS downloads ( points ) and connects the dots in order of the time at which they where recorded.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy