GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 27940 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

CanadianClimate
(Stranger )
03/18/04 09:29 PM
ArcView 3.2a Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Does anyone know or have an avenue script that uses a tab delimited text file, imports into Arcview, and displays a sorted set of data from two or more tables in the view, from a point theme. Evens suggestions, would be of help.

epoizot
(Stranger )
04/06/04 12:33 AM
Re: ArcView 3.2a new [re: CanadianClimate]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

The import of a text tab delimited file is normaly simple to do under Arcview 3.2. If you have problems with your text file, I suggest you convert it as a DBF file (you can do it with Excel or Openoffice).
Then you can add a new table (choose you file as this new table). In view -> add event theme, you then can create a point theme based on field find in the last new table just imported.
As I don't work with Arcview 3.2 since a year, I'm not up to date about available scripts, but I remember some that permits to create not a point theme, but arc after imported a text file in a table. I think you know where to look for.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Topcon
softmouse 3D
Senior Sales Representative
GIS Analyst
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.
HPSA Designations and GIS Manager

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy