GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 52673 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

sailnori
(Stranger )
07/20/04 12:07 AM
polar coordinates Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi everyone,

I need to draw linestrings in cadcorp using polar coordinates. does anyone know how i can programatically set the coordinate system to polar coords through VB?

I have another problem as well.. does cadcorp support XML data formats? it says everywhere on its website that it supports over a 100 data formats.. but nothing abt xml.. this is really urgent.. i do hope someone can help me with this..

Edwin
(Stranger )
09/01/04 07:52 PM
Re: polar coordinates new [re: sailnori]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi,

Cadcorp does indeed read over a 100 formats including SDE and Oracle Spatial directly on the fly. As Far as I know they read and write XML in the form of GML2, Gzip, LandXML which are all published Geospatial formats, they also allow you to store any Geometry in any database as OGC WKT, WKB and GML2 so this would enable you to store your data in a XML format in a RDBMS. Why do you want to export to XML, XML is not a specific format but a file type. What XML format or dataset are you looking to support ?

On the Polar coordinates, you can use Relative (X+5, Y+10, Z+5), Polar (Distance, Angle) or Cartesian (X, Y, Z) in Cadcorp for data capture through the desktop interface but I don't think you can access this through the Active X API, You could easily mimic this by simple doing your own maths. I.e. 100m at 45degrees from my curent X,Y,Z is not hard to work out.

hope this helps, give Cadcorp a Call, they are normally pretty helpful and send me code when I have asked similar questions in the past.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy