GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 48293 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

wiyean
(Stranger )
07/23/04 02:30 AM
ArcGIS to Illustrator Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

i've exported maplayout (120*120) in Arcgis to Illustrator (*ai) format .But when i opened the ai file in illustrator, it did not fit the illustrator window, Bu if i reduce my size paper in arcgis before export to ( 80*60) , the layout displayed in illustrator did not appear in the central. Can anyone help me? It's because of arcgis setup problem or illustrator problem ?

Jaykappy1973
(Stranger )
07/06/06 02:11 PM
Re: ArcGIS to Illustrator new [re: wiyean]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Just a few thoughts here....the Export Functionality of ArcGIS products is terriable. Worthless.....

What I would do is search Google for "Cute PDF Writer". THis is a free download and installs a driver that you select like a printer.
Install the driver....its an .exe file
So when you are set to export, instead go to print, choose Cute PDF Writer and you will create a PDF.

Open this PDF in illustrator

Just a thought

gstram
(Stranger )
07/20/06 05:26 AM
Re: ArcGIS to Illustrator new [re: wiyean]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

If money is no object you should take a look at Avenza's MAPublisher. It's a fantastic product that let's you bring .shp's into Illustrator. I just can't convince the powers to be that I need it badly enough. Barring that, the suggestion to print to a pdf is the best method that I've found.

JohnF
(Stranger )
01/10/07 09:06 AM

The ArcMap output to Illustrator defaults to an 18x18 inch page size. You simple change the document page size in Illustrator and it will then fit the display. Look for Prefrences in Illustrator (under Edit on the PC).

Oh, if you print to a PDF file like the other suggestions, you will lose the layer information that is so helpful in Illustrator.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy