>> GIS Tools
Thread views: 8602 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
04/01/08 05:15 PM
Surface Intersection Calculation with ArcObjects Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello. Can anybody out there help me with a surface intersection calculation I am trying to do with ArcObjects? I have a surface in latitude/longitude in the WGS 1984 datum. I have an origin point (xy in decimal degrees, z in meters), an azimuth angle, and and an elevation angle as parameters. Based on these parameters, I am trying to calculate at which point there will be an intersection with the surface. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I have been trying to use the ISurface.locate() function in ArcObjects but my results have not been making any sense. I have an origin point with a Z value 10 meters above the surface. The IRay I created has a vector with an azimuth of 0 and an elevation angle of -89 degrees. With these parameters I would think that that surface intersection should occur almost straight down from the origin point right? Instead the surface intersection occurs almost 15,000 meters away. Results like this is what is driving me mad since it is not making sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Jump to

Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
Bentley: YII 2016 - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy