GISCafe
   >> GIS Job Postings
Thread views: 26816 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

psprague
(Stranger )
10/17/06 10:42 AM
GIS Project Manager new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

HNTB is currently seeking an experienced Geographic Information System (GIS) Program Manager to join our Technology Services Group. This position offers an exceptional setting for developing creative solutions to meet our client’s integrated GIS/GPS based, asset management program, enterprise GIS planning, design and implementation needs.
Job Description:
As a senior member of HNTB’s Technology practice, the GIS Program Manager will be responsible for managing the planning, design, implementation and support of GIS-based asset management technology, practices, and organizational solutions for our clients.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, experienced GIS Program Manager, with a strong background in GIS/GPS based asset management and data collection.
The candidate must have excellent written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills in listening, facilitation, report generation and leading teams. The GIS Program Manager must be able to handle multiple, complex projects, and develop strong trusted relationships with clients.
Bachelor's degree in Geography, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar field (MBA or related graduate degree preferred) plus 8 years experience in one or more of the following:
• Enterprise GIS program management; user needs analysis, application, data, and system requirements; system and database design; spatial data analysis and reporting; application development; spatial database management; data conversion management; system testing; system deployment and operation; work practice improvement; and organizational development and quality control within the area of responsibility.
• Use of latest versions of ESRI product suite (including ArcGIS, ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcIMS, and ArcSDE) to support asset management programs for roadway transportation systems.
• Field data collection using Trimble GPS devices, PathFinder Office, TerraSync, GPSCorrect and ESRI’s ArcPAD.
• Knowledge of core GIS concepts such as linear referencing systems, datums and projections
• Integration with other core business systems such as Work Management, Land Information Management Systems, and Customer Information Systems, Computer Aided Drafting and Design Systems, modeling applications, Electronic Document Management Systems.
• Applying use of Application Integration and knowledge of Enterprise Architecture to support system and data integration
• Knowledgeable of business process modeling using Rational Unified Process or comparable methodology.
Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Geography, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar field (MBA or related graduate degree preferred) plus 8 years experience.

murgas
(Stranger )
11/30/06 07:45 AM
Re: GIS Project Manager new [re: psprague]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello,

My Name is James Murgas and I am currently employed for a large Engineering company that has been ranked within the top 100 in Engineer News Record - Top 500 Design Firms.
I am contacting you about the GIS Project Manager position.
I work at a Military Installation for the Engineering, Planning and Services Division. My current position is a CADD/GIS Manager. I am responsible for CADD, GIS and GPS software, training and support as well as managing the all the CADD and GIS data production. I have a total of 16 years experience with CADD and GIS and I have had great success in earning new and additional contracts with client satisfaction.
Please feel free to contact me if you feel I would be a candidate for the position.

James.Murgas@polk.army.mil
James.Murgas@us.army.mil
Phone (337) 531-6846

rstrachan
(Stranger )
01/08/07 06:59 PM
Re: GIS Project Manager [re: psprague]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Is this position still open. I have most of the skill sets you describe. Please reply to me if there is still interest.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy