GISCafe
   >> Data and Metadata
Thread views: 2646 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tarasovdv
(Stranger )
10/08/11 07:50 AM
Data on commuting times and cost of living. Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

For a project in one of my classes, I'm looking for data on commuting times and cost of living and/or average cost of office space. I know that maps of commuting times exist, but are such data available for the entire United States, or at least all the largest metropolitan areas? If such data are available as shapefiles or tables anywhere, what would be a good place to look for them?

Thank you in advance for any information.

scrabblehack
(Stranger )
10/11/11 06:27 AM
Re: Data on commuting times and cost of living. new [re: tarasovdv]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Try census.gov -- the data are not in shapefiles (apart from the TIGER county/tract/block maps already built) - however you would have to join the data by tract or block as appropriate. 

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy