GISCafe
   >> Business Geographics
Thread views: 37701 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

RCAT
(Stranger )
08/21/02 06:08 AM
STARTING MY OWN GIS COMPANY Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am a GIS Technician that has been laid off a few times from small GIS start up companies. I am looking to start my own venture. I have witness from bottom to top what is needed for this. If you have any advice send me a email.
I currently need
GIS Programmers
GIS Salesperson
GIS Technicans
I will also need to get liscensing clearance through Arc GIS.

If you have any additional information for me that I need it would be greatly appreciated.
Please email responses back

Thank you

geopilot
(Stranger )
10/04/06 07:00 AM
Re: STARTING MY OWN GIS COMPANY new [re: RCAT]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Remember the real estate maxim; Location, Location, Location? The mamxim I believe in GIS is Specialize, Specialize, Specialize.

Specialize in a specific industry. Knowing GIS is not enough you need to have specific industry knowledge too. WIth proficiency of the tools and specific industry knowledge you will know what is good data and what is not. Only intimate industry knowledge will provide the insights to offering your services.

To Furter my point, how many SAP consultants have superior experience with particular modules (i.e. Financial, Logistics, ). You would be surprised to find not many. This is the crux of the problem in consultancy.

keithmaclac
(Stranger )
11/03/06 09:26 AM
Re: STARTING MY OWN GIS COMPANY new [re: RCAT]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi RCAT,

How is your new venture going? Have you started your own company?

I am curious to know.

I assume from your post that you will be primarily Arc GIS focused with respect to your GIS software.

I have worked in GIS for 9 years and have GIS certification. I have been a user of MapInfo technology for all 9 years but I also have extensive training in ESRI, Microstation, Oracle Spatial, FME, and other related technology.

If I can do anything to help please feel free to contact me.

Good luck.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy