GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 5599 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jasonbennink
(Stranger )
08/25/08 06:27 AM
GIS Distance Learning Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

After graduating for the U of Florida Landscape Architecture program, I've decided to get a degree in GIS. I'm wondering if any of you have any information on some of these programs and the quality of the courses offered. I'm going to continue researching this but form what I've read it seems that Penn State has the best, then I think it's a tie between U of Denver and U of SolCal. Just based on looking at the program websites and so on. I really want to learn about utilizing modeling and graphic componants as well as interfacing with google earth and sketchup. Statistical analysis is of course also very crucial, but it seems like all of the programs include that anyway because it's old school GIS theory. I'd rather attend a program that focuses less on Database development and more an utilizing GIS for development, or at least have th option to choose which I think Penn will probably be good for because they offer so many classes. Anyway what do you think, any programs I should be considering? Does anyone in one of these programs have any thoughts?

Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy