GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 9494 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

josie66
(Stranger )
10/22/08 05:26 AM
Kriging and emissions Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have some data which includes the calculated amount of emissions in kg per grid cell. This is in an access table. I want to show the emissions in arcmap but I don't know where to begin. When I try and use the kriging tool it doesn't like it. Does anyone have any ideas.

I think maybe arcgis does not like data that has already been calculated? Is this right to say or can data per grid cell be displayed in arcgis?

Thanks very much

JosieWink

RemyAutz
(Stranger )
10/22/08 06:17 AM
Re: Kriging and emissions new [re: josie66]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Haven't done kriging in awhile. What I remember is that you need to tie your emissions data to points. The points become input from which a grid is made.

If you provide more information, I will review my notes and give you a hand.

Remy Autz
GIS Trainer/Consultant
GISUCANDOIT

josie66
(Stranger )
10/22/08 06:49 AM
Re: Kriging and emissions new [re: josie66]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Well they are all in the same table. There are four fields:

Latitude, Longitude, Type of chemical, Emission(kg)

The lat and long are in wgs (but I transfer them to ED50).

I plotted these points in ArcMap and this was ok. But then when I tried to use kriging, it said 'unable to estimate the semi-variogram'. I have no idea what this means. Maybe there is something I am doing wrong.

RemyAutz
(Stranger )
10/23/08 06:43 AM

Kriging requires that the features be in a projected coordinate system so that it can calculate area consistently.

Remy Autz
GIS Trainer/Consultant
GISUCANDOIT

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Topcon
softmouse 3D
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy