GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 3252 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

thorth_ong
(Stranger )
09/15/09 08:53 AM
help needed on working on netCDF data. Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

hi, i was wondering if i can get some help here in this forum. Well, i was trying to come out with a demostration to showcase ArcGIS capability on handling weather data to my boss. After looking at the options available, i decided to try NetCDF as a possible solution and was being stuck without any progress. Here's my approach and would appreciate if anyone could tell me where i have went wrong.Embarassed

Here's some of the problem i'm facing:

1) Unable to load in the excel table into NetCDF in ArcGIS

- I have created some sample data in excel and have import the table into ArcGIS. Some of the attributes includes wind direction, wind speed etc. I have also loaded the converted coordinate value for each weather stations (From Deg min Sec to Deg) as i understand from some of the NetCDF document online that i would need to load in the coordinate values into the table for netCDF to work.

2) unable to create NetCDF using the feature class+table

- Here's my other approach to the netcdf file problem. I have also created a point feature (With M value)  for the weather stations and join with table which contains the weather infomation and name of the stations. After which, i activate the function which allows me to convert feature to NetCDF. However, seems like when i got up till this process, my ArcGIS would crash. Cry

Jump to

Optech
HPSA Designations and GIS Manager

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy