GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 46169 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Techspirit
(Stranger )
01/18/06 08:08 AM
Newbie Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am fairly new to GIS and I'm looking for information on the best system to implement in our organization. So far I know a little about GIS, but I need to hear from educated people who are familiar with different systems.

Currently, I am looking at AutoCAD, ArcView, and Manifold. Could anyone give feedback on usability, capability, or other programs that maybe worth looking into. If anyone has any informationor opinions, that would be great.

Thanks you, Charles

IanGMA
(Stranger )
01/20/06 08:37 AM
Re: Newbie new [re: Techspirit]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

It really depends on what your goals are. The three products listed would all be adequete to make maps if that is your goal. CAD and Manifold would be less suitable if you plan on implementing serious GIS database management.

Cheers,

Ian Pryor
Geomorphologist
Graham Matthews & Associates
Arcata, CA

Roxana G
(Stranger )
03/09/06 01:55 PM
Re: Newbie new [re: Techspirit]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I recomand to you, for Surface reprezentation in 3D, terrain analzse and other interesting characteristics, Surfer8 from Golden Software and Intergraph software. Good luck!

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

softmouse 3D
Senior Sales Representative
GIS Analyst
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.
HPSA Designations and GIS Manager

Click here for Internet Business Systems © 2014 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 210, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408) 850-9202 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and EngineeringEDACafe - Electronic Design AutomationTechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes	MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and EngineeringShareCG  - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy