GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 3223 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

timkingston
(Stranger )
03/01/10 04:13 AM
How to create a flood map? Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi I am currently trying to model a catastrophic flood at three water depths (35cm, 76cm and 190cm) and then use this to determin the remaining infrastructure (firestations, hospitals, transport networks etc) for each depth.

I wonder if anyone knew of any good tutorials for doing this type of modeling? -

As a student I have access to digimap data so have downloaded a DEM for the area and have Mastermap data. Unfortunately I don't have Mapmanger or producivity suit so had to go through the process of converting the nft files to mif file before converting these in ArcCatalog to point shapefile then using these to create a raster. For the Mastermap data I had to use Interpose software to convert it into shapefiles.

What other data am I likely to need and what are the best source (I am mapping an area in London). I presume I would need some hydrological information - water levels etc?

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by timkingston on 03/01/10 04:17 AM.

Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy