GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 43683 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

rsmahabir
(Stranger )
03/12/06 12:10 AM
GIS in flood hazard mapping Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Can anyone help with information regarding to the use of GIS in flood hazard mapping? I would be especially greatful if anyone knows where i can get information about how GIS is actually used in creating these types of maps....thanks!

roxy
(Stranger )
03/19/06 07:29 AM
Re: GIS in flood hazard mapping new [re: rsmahabir]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi
I can recomand few softwares that I used when I studied geomorphological and hidrological hazards, as: SAGA for topographical indices, ARCGIS 9, Surfer8 (for slope map, aspect map and other indices). Special for flood analyse I recomand to you: SAGA (is a new cersion of Digem 2.1), Map Window and ARCGIS 3.2 for hidro extensions or ARCGIS 8.1, 8.3, 9X etc. For more of this programms, like Surfer 8 for example, you cand find demo version, work in that and capture image in finally with Prin Screen task, because It cant permit export or save. Please contact me for other informations if you consider that my answer can help you. Good luck,
Roxana

tml2k6
(Stranger )
03/24/06 08:49 AM
Re: GIS in flood hazard mapping new [re: rsmahabir]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello,

I would suggest going to:

http://hazards.fema.gov

and checking out the information on the DFIRM Production Tools. This is predominantly a suite of custom ArcGIS extensions that are available to mapping partners in communities across the US via a Citrix portal.

HTH!

boborator
(Stranger )
03/22/07 11:35 AM

I would suggest to look into ILWIS 3.3 Academic. (Google it)
It is a very unknown, but beautiful GIS application, which has very clear tutorials, many concentrated on hazards!

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy