GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 31909 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mbweller
(Stranger )
07/18/06 11:27 AM
Need some help with ArcGIs 9.1 Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hello,

Hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum for this question:

I am trying to georeference a geotiff to a mosaic; however the georeferencing tool bar is grayed out and inaccessible. If I open another Arcmap window with the geotiff by its lonesome the program *does* allow me to georeference it, which incidentally is not to terribly useful.

Is any one in possession of any knowledge or procedure to circumnavigate this little snag?

Thanks,
Matt

jread
(Stranger )
07/19/06 08:25 AM
Re: Need some help with ArcGIs 9.1 new [re: mbweller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Arc 9.1 seems to have trouble with images quite regularly. I don't know if this will help you, but I've installed the "Raster Patch" and it cleared up all the issues I had with .tif files at work. Here is the link if you want to download it: http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=downloads.patchesServicePacks.viewPatch&PID=43&MetaID=1056

Here are the issues it repairs:

In reply to:

CQ00272548 - Support for CCITT G4 TIFF and PackBits TIFF compression types are restored.

CQ00272575 - World files are no longer deleted when manipulating any part of a raster's spatial reference.

CQ00272826 - Support for GeoTIFF tags containing spatial reference information is restored.

CQ00274549 - Support of 16 bit NITF version 2.0 raster files is restored.

CQ00272147 - MrSID Encoder is not creating the associated worldfile (.sdw) when encoding MrSIDs from your input raster datasets.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy