>> GIS Education
Thread views: 31861 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
07/18/06 11:27 AM
Need some help with ArcGIs 9.1 Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hopefully I'm posting in the correct forum for this question:

I am trying to georeference a geotiff to a mosaic; however the georeferencing tool bar is grayed out and inaccessible. If I open another Arcmap window with the geotiff by its lonesome the program *does* allow me to georeference it, which incidentally is not to terribly useful.

Is any one in possession of any knowledge or procedure to circumnavigate this little snag?

(Stranger )
07/19/06 08:25 AM
Re: Need some help with ArcGIs 9.1 new [re: mbweller]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Arc 9.1 seems to have trouble with images quite regularly. I don't know if this will help you, but I've installed the "Raster Patch" and it cleared up all the issues I had with .tif files at work. Here is the link if you want to download it:

Here are the issues it repairs:

In reply to:

CQ00272548 - Support for CCITT G4 TIFF and PackBits TIFF compression types are restored.

CQ00272575 - World files are no longer deleted when manipulating any part of a raster's spatial reference.

CQ00272826 - Support for GeoTIFF tags containing spatial reference information is restored.

CQ00274549 - Support of 16 bit NITF version 2.0 raster files is restored.

CQ00272147 - MrSID Encoder is not creating the associated worldfile (.sdw) when encoding MrSIDs from your input raster datasets.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy