GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 17594 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Chris23
(Stranger )
06/24/07 08:35 PM
Geography degree with masters specializing in GIS new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I was wondering how valuable this would be and how much more marketable it would make you. And if anyone knew what the average salary is for someone with this type of education. 

csmithers
(Stranger )
06/27/07 07:20 AM
Re: Geography degree with masters specializing in GIS new [re: Chris23]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Morning Chris - I can highly recommend the Geography masters with a GIS concentration.  I came from an IT background and have been able to find work in a GIS field even before graduation.  Average salaries have ranged fairly widely - seems to be based on location, need and previous experience.  In the Southeast it was not uncommon to find jobs in the 40-60K range. 

RemyAutz
(Stranger )
06/30/07 04:56 PM
Re: Geography degree with masters specializing in GIS [re: Chris23]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Geography with a GIS Specialization is very valuable. GIS alone can get you $15 per hour easily. If you develop a specialization in environmental, business, logistics, or even IT & Web development, you can go up to $90,000 in a few years. I am teaching at Phoenix College after using GIS at the City of Phoenix for 15+ years.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy