GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 6927 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

esribob
(Stranger )
10/22/08 08:16 AM
Arc desktop with Oracle spatial Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Is it possible to view and edit data stored in Oracle spatial using just Arc Desktop, i.e. without Arc server?  As far as I can work out you can view the data if you've got the interoperability extension, but you need Arc server to actually edit the data.  Is this correct?  Or are there any other options that are possible?

I've got non-spatial data stored in oracle so it makes sense to store the spatial data in there as well, rather than in shape files or personal geodatabases.  Arc server is far too expensive just for this small bit of extra functionality.

Using another GIS system, such as manifold, isn't a possibility though this would get round the problem.

I know I could write an Arc extension to view and edit Oracle spatial data but I can't belive there's not something like this around already?

Any suggestions?

Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy