>> GIS Tools
Thread views: 4108 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
03/12/09 04:22 AM
Creating a mosaic of a large number of rasters Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I’m trying to mosaic a large number of overlapping rasters with Mosaic To New Raster tool within ArcGIS. Prior to mosaicing the rasters I need to get rid of the overlap between them. Using MAXIMUM or MINIMUM mosaicing method is out of question here due to specific values of my rasters. Thus I use polygon layers to extract the parts of my rasters that I need for further processing. This, however, is a lengthy and labour consuming process because of the number of rasters that I have to clip.

I’m looking for a method or tool that would allow me to mosaic rasters without the need of clipping them first. My idea is that the tool would take the coordinates of the polygon layers and use only the parts of rasters within these extents for mosaicing.

Does anyone have an idea or knows about a tool that could do it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jump to

Teledyne: - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy