>> GIS Tools
Thread views: 3601 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
09/09/09 07:00 AM
Linking Images to Shapefiles in ArcMap/ArcView Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project at my work in which I will be mapping barriers for persons with disabilities in the built environment near transit stops at my work, and I have a question for all of you; is there any way you can link image files to point features in a shapefile in ArcMap? 

My boss wants me to create an interface in which one could click (or just scroll over it) on a feature and see a picture of said barrier.  The initial demo database which I am developing for him will be developed in ArcMap (I’m looking up barrier information at the present through Google Street View), but will be using a Trimble device equipped with ArcPad once it is time to develop the real database.

My boss is not trained in GIS, and I have never done anything like this before.  Do any of you know of any way in which this can be done?

Jump to

Textron - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy