GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 53643 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

katrifkin
(Stranger )
01/04/03 01:39 PM
Mac compatible new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am taking the online GIS certificate course at Penn State U and they are using ArcView v8. Has anyone been able to use this on a Mac? Please do help; I am heartbroken at the thought of giving up my mac. Thank you.

Beth_West
(Stranger )
01/07/03 10:23 AM
Re: Mac compatible [re: katrifkin]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ArcView does not run on a Mac and has not for years. No major vendor supports Mac these days. But many smaller folks do: http://www.gismonitor.com/products/mac.php

eyreka
(Stranger )
08/29/03 06:17 AM
Re: Mac compatible new [re: Beth_West]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

That is a shame since Mac OS X is objectively a much more stable and secure OS. Yes ESRI, the market share is comparatively small but those apps listed on the linked page are really quite excellent and I'd rather live without Arc products than switch to a PC.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy