GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 27338 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

pbartsch
(Stranger )
06/24/04 09:33 AM
copyfeatures command new Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have 2 coverages in ArcInfo 7.x. I need to get a feature class from the second coverage into the first. This feature class has about 17,000 features in it (a watershed). I've tried using the CopyFeatures command in command line A/I, but it only copies around 6,000 features. Is there another way I can embed the 2nd feature class into the first coverage? Thanks in advance.

mdw
(Stranger )
07/16/04 06:21 AM
Re: copyfeatures command [re: pbartsch]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

You can make the coverage that you want to take the features from your 'edit coverage', select the features, and use the 'PUT' command to transfer them. Example:

EC STREAMS
EF ARC
SELECT NAME = 'CYPRESS CREEK'
PUT RIVERS

This example will place the selected features from the 'STREAMS' coverage into the 'RIVERS' coverage.

You'll get the message 'Coverage already exists. Do you want to append ? Type Y, and the features will be placed into your other coverage.

Hope this helps,

Michael

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy