>> GIS User News and Reviews
Thread views: 15892 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

(Stranger )
08/31/06 01:41 AM
getting GIS into education Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I am coordinating an initiative is to elevate the role and significance of geoinformation in education. The European Commission have finally recognised this is important and they are allocating funds for this purpose through the eContent+ framework. We propose to set up a network that will seek to do this in Europe. Our partnership covers every European country and links to many education associaitions. We have others from outsde Europe too (they have to secure their own fnds to physically participate, but we feel being involved in the key - even if from a distance. Our mission is that though the technology is amazing learning and teaching needs to also innovate. Public bodies and decision makers need to understand the significance of the above and to create curriculum time and space for it.

At this moment in time we have 43 education partners from 22 countries involved. We have four major education networks participating and several software and data organisations. The aim is not to create new technologies or resources but to remove some of the barriers to educational uses. I believe it should be a blueprint for implementation - including access to curriulum, training, professional qualification and 'education' technical standards among the themes we need to deal with.

Reply to this if you would like to participate, with your contact details or email me on

(Stranger )
06/09/07 10:42 AM
Re: getting GIS into education new [re: karl-donert]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Teledyne Optech
Textron - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy