GISCafe
   >> GIS Education
Thread views: 5726 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tarasovdv
(Stranger )
07/25/09 05:50 PM
A question about degrees in GIS Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I want to study GIS, but have no previous experience with it. Where should I start? I understand that getting a certificate in GIS without any prior experience in it will not lead to any job that is worth striving for. Should I then get a bachelor's in GIS? There don't seem to be many institutions that offer it, including none near where I live. I have looked around and found something called the American Sentinel University that offers an online bachelor's degree in GIS, but I need to know more about the credibility of that institution before I apply there. Does anyone know anything about it? If not, where should I start my GIS education? Thank you all for the advice.

cmf0106
(Stranger )
09/14/09 09:39 AM
Re: A question about degrees in GIS new [re: tarasovdv]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Many geography/geology/earth science departments offer programs that are specifically tailored for GIS implementation. That might be a good place to start your search.

View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Trimble
CADalog.com - Countless CAD add-ons, plug-ins and more.

Internet Business Systems © 2016 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
595 Millich Dr., Suite 216, Campbell, CA 95008
+1 (408)-337-6870 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy Policy