It is raining acorns in Nuremberg
I arrived in Nuremberg last night for the Intergeo conference. After checking in at the hotel at 6 PM, had a dinner of sausages and sauerkraut, went to sleep at a respectable 8:30 PM — only to be wide awake at 4 AM due to jetlag. I decided to take a stroll along the adjacent lake. I was stunned by the continuous bullet-like cracking sounds. My taxi driver from the airport had assured me that Nuremberg was an extremely safe city with only 100 murders per year compared to 1,000+ in Cologne, the host of Intergeo 2010. On a closer inspection, to my relief, I discovered the sound was caused by the raining acorns from the oak trees around the lake.
GISCafe is recording more than 20 video interviews at the Intergeo conference and also hosting two panels on the following topics:
- Aggregating Geospatial, Social media, and Authoritative Source Information (Panel moderated by GISCafe) — Wednesday, Sep 28 – 3:20 – 3:40 PM
- Integrating Geospatial and Architectural Design Data for Future Cities & Communities (Panel moderated by GISCafe) — Thursday, Sep 29 – 2:40 – 3:00 PM
The panels will be broadcast live on Intergeo TV and available on GISCafe a week after the show. Here are some of the companies interviewing with GISCafe :
- RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH
- PCI Geomatics
- Intergraph Z/I Deutschland GmbH
- Optech Incorporated
- Topcon EUROPE Positioning B.V.
- Safe Software Inc.
- ESRI Deutschland GmbH
- Juniper Systems, Inc.
- Leica Geosystems GmbH
- Laser Technology, Inc.
- Sivan Design
- Pitney Bowes Software GmbH
The interviews will be posted in the GISCafe -> Videos section after the event. Feel free to contact me if you want to participate in the panels or schedule an interview.