Citizens View Helps Agencies Inform and Engage Communities About Construction, Street Activities and Traffic Impacts With a Customizable Website
SAN RAMON, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — November 19, 2014 — Accela, the leading provider of civic engagement solutions for government, today announced new Accela Right of Way Management capabilities are now available on the Accela Civic Platform. Accela Citizens View helps agencies provide the public a view of all street activity in an easy-to-use map, list, calendar and other widgets, available on the web and updated in real time. The website building tool enables visibility of infrastructure projects on the streets, right-of-way events and traffic impacts and is designed to enhance agency transparency by informing and engaging citizens.
With Citizens View, agencies will be able to:
- Build a citizen-facing responsive website using drag, drop and click functionality with the ability to configure and customize with no additional coding required by the agency
- Embed the website on a municipality, utility or agency site
- Show projects, events, traffic impacts, street-cut and special event permit information on a Map, Table/Grid, Calendar, Timeline or Data List View
- Help citizens access information quickly with search and filter capabilities
- Publish and expose GIS information to the public and overlay on the map, allowing GIS investment to directly benefit the public
- Monitor for various analytics to understand website usage (e.g. what pages citizens view and for how long)
- Leverage for mobile platform to access using iPhone/iPad and Android devices
Citizens View is designed to help agencies engage with their citizens by providing a simple, map-based format to display infrastructure projects, road construction, traffic, events or accidents in real time, said Brad Steer, General Manager, Accela Right of Way Management. By empowering citizens to search for and view this critical information online, they can be better informed of the projects and events impacting their communities.
With Accela Right of Way Management, agencies can:
- Communicate and coordinate road construction and street activities with all stakeholders
- Manage and issue right-of-the way permits such as street-cuts permits and special event permits
- Identify conflicts and opportunities between right-of-the activities in real time
- Centralize project information to share ongoing paving schedules, moratoriums and project plans
- Plan and display all street events and traffic impacts in relation to construction and maintenance work
- Alert and be alerted to unplanned incidents for construction, maintenance and special events
For more information about Accela Right of Way Management solutions including Citizens View visit: http://www.accela.com/solutions/right-of-way
At Accela, we believe that engagement makes all the difference. Were ushering in a new era where democracy thrives when government works directly with the people, coming to citizens on their terms through mobile devices, social media and networks, and open data. By streamlining critical agency functions like land, asset and right of way management, licensing, legislative management, recreation and resource management and environmental health and safety, the Accela Civic Platform bridges the gap between agencies and citizens. We help build better communities by powering thousands of services and millions of transactions daily for agencies of all sizes.
Accela is headquartered in San Ramon, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Melbourne and Dubai. For more information, visit www.accela.com.
Erica Harvill, 415-710-9006