Integrated solution adds ThingWorx Application Enablement (AEP) to Axeda Machine Cloud
NEEDHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — January 29, 2015 — PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) today announced the ThingWorx-Axeda Integrator, which combines the ThingWorx® development platform with the Axeda® solution to enable customers to speed development and innovation. Specifically, the ThingWorx-Axeda Integrator unifies the ThingWorx AEP platform with the Axeda connectivity, device cloud and applications, providing a blueprint for successful IoT projects.
With an ever-growing number of smart, connected products and sensors, the true promise of IoT is in integrating people, systems and things, and developing new innovative applications that disrupt the way industries work. The ThingWorx-Axeda Integrator unifies the strengths of ThingWorx and Axeda to deliver the most complete IoT solution stack in the industry, providing a unified experience for customers to develop solutions for smart connected products.
“Every industry is in the midst of a major transformation enabled by connectivity and new IoT applications for smart connected products and sensors. With the potential for meaningful innovation in just about every market, businesses of all sizes are engaging with IoT technology at an extremely rapid pace,” said Russ Fadel, ThingWorx President and GM. “ThingWorx-Axeda Integrator creates a powerful combination which has the ability to further accelerate the IoT industry.”
The ThingWorx-Axeda Integrator enables Axeda machine data to be immediately available in the ThingWorx platform, and Axeda APIs to be accessed from ThingWorx Composer rapid application development tool. The Integrator’s out-of-the-box connector enables users to login into a single system to access data and web services in the Axeda products, and streamline solution implementation.
Specific technology capabilities include:
Axeda time series data available in ThingWorx
- Axeda data including Data Items, Alarms, and Mobile Locations flow into the ThingWorx platform via the Axeda’s Machine Streams data feed service.
- Axeda Machine Streams can now natively send data directly into ThingWorx.
Synchronized data model & data between the two systems
- Data is automatically synchronized between Axeda and ThingWorx, reducing errors and speeding development.
Easily utilize Axeda APIs from ThingWorx Composer tool
- With a small amount of scripting, customers can create powerful solutions to solve real world challenges for their devices.
Automatic Authentication for ThingWorx Widgets embedded in Axeda
- Axeda customers can easily incorporate a ThingWorx mash-up right inside the Axeda Console.
The ThingWorx-Axeda Integrator is now available. Please visit http://thingworx.com/thingworx-axeda-integrator/ for details.
- ThingWorx-Axeda Integrator Resource page
- PTC Internet of Things and Smart, Connected Products Resource Center
- ThingWorx Application Development Platform Overview
- Axeda Internet of Things Platform
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. The company's technology solutions transform the way products are created, operated, and serviced across the entire product lifecycle – from conception and design to sourcing and service. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses in rapidly evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. Get more information at www.ptc.com.
About ThingWorx, a PTC Business