COLONGE, Germany, Aug. 22, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HP Inc. today unleashed its most powerful gaming laptop to date, the
OMEN X by HP Laptop. Built for gaming enthusiasts and esports athletes seeking maximum performance, the OMEN X Laptop is engineered with the thermals to support unlocked CPUs to allow for overclocking5, and factory-overclocked GPUs and memory options for superb gaming performance in a stunning design.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/dbc6d952-f57a-4b5a-ace2-1937afaa4912
Competitive gamers demand optimal and configurable desktop-level performance to deliver the best frame rates and responsiveness to beat the competition. They also crave a device that doesn’t compromise performance for mobility. Studying how gamers compete at the highest levels, HP created a device to respond to their needs, while delivering high-end components, advanced thermal solutions, fast and responsive displays, a fully customizable mechanical keyboard, and software tools that let gamers push the Omen X Laptop hardware to the limit.
“Esports is one of the fastest growing categories in gaming and we are excited by the popularity of HP’s OMEN family of products,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP Inc. “With the release of the OMEN X Laptop, HP is bringing key innovations to performance, industrial design and customizability that were once only possible on a desktop, to give gamers a competitive edge.”
Engineered for Gaming Performance
The latest AAA titles and esports tournaments require high-performing graphics and raw-computing horsepower, so HP packed the OMEN X Laptop with industry-leading technology and custom-tuning capabilities, including:
- The OMEN Command Center Software to custom tune and push hardware to its limits, with the ability to manage CPU and RAM overclocking5; move gaming network traffic with a network booster to reduce latency in online games1; and, customize system lighting to streamline gaming controls
- Intel® 7th gen unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 CPU options2, XMP memory options for memory overclocking5 and tested profiles up to DDR4-2800, and factory-overclocked graphics cards up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 – ideal for fast-paced or multi-player games running at 4K resolutions3
- RAID0 SSD option for ultra-fast boot and game loading, PCIe SSD+HDD storage options for quick responsiveness and massive storage capacity, or standalone 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD option4
- Thermal management to push high-end hardware beyond factory settings5, including high-performance fans to increase airflow and an integrated vapor chamber with four 3.5 mm heat pipes improve heat transfer from the GPU and CPU to the four rear corner-mounted radiators6
Designed for Immersion
Gaming is an immersive experience, so HP optimized the OMEN X Laptop to be VR ready on all configurations and includes features that enhance gameplay and limit outside distractions for full immersion:
- Mechanical and RGB LED-per key backlit keyboard, including 2.5 mm travel with tactile feel and mechanical switches to provide instant feedback and clear indication when a key is pressed; RGB LED per key for customizable key maps; independent, programmable macro keys; and, N-Key rollover on every key for anti-ghosting functions
- 17-inch diagonal 4K display3 option for ultimate high-resolution gaming, or 120Hz 1080p display options for fast refresh rates and smooth visuals; and all configurations are NVIDIA G-Sync™ enabled for reduced image tearing
- DTS Headphone:X® for simulated surround sound with any headset7 and premium sound featuring HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen
- HP Audio Boost to ensure peak performance without overloading the speakers7
- A translucent window to see inside the laptop, along with custom lighting and an aluminum finish for a premium look and feel that can be personalized and customized for the individual gamer
Crafted for Expansion
To give gamers a constant edge on the competition, the OMEN X Laptop is crafted for expansion with easy upgrading of the system capabilities or swapping parts:
- Single access panel to HDD, SSDs, and RAM, so all end-user replaceable components are easily accessible
- Generous port selection with support for up to four external displays
- Connect to a range of different gaming accessories with: three USB 3.0 Type A, two Thunderbolt™ 3-certified USB 3.1 TypeC™, HDMI 2.0a with HDR support, Mini DisplayPort™, RJ45 and a multi-format media card reader
- Dual audio jack with separate microphone input and headset jacks (input/output) to support the latest gaming headsets or external speakers
The OMEN X Laptop is expected to be available in November at HP.com, starting at $1,9998. For more information on OMEN X Laptop, visit www.hp.com/go/omenxlaptop.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
1 Internet service required and not included.
2 Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
3 4K content required to view full 4K images.
4 For solid state drives, GB = 1 billion bytes, 1TB = trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
5 Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system, processor, and other system components; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. HP and Intel have not tested, and does not warrant, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. HP and Intel have not tested, and do not warranty, the operation of other system components beyond their industry standard specifications. HP and Intel assume no responsibility that the processor and other system components, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose.