PrecisionHawk goes beyond agriculture by adding industry experts and building advanced drone and data analytics technology for construction, insurance, energy and government sectorsRALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 6, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — PrecisionHawk, a leader of commercial drone technologies, today announced several initiatives that support its renewed focus on delivering on-demand aerial intelligence for enterprises in five verticals: construction, insurance, energy, government and agriculture.
After gaining recognition in agriculture and seeing early market momentum in other industries, PrecisionHawk called on Michael Chasen, former CEO and co-founder of Blackboard, to scale PrecisionHawk's products, services and strategy
"PrecisionHawk is well-positioned to help businesses navigate the complex landscape of drone technology," said Michael Chasen, PrecisionHawk CEO. "As industry pioneers, from being the first to fly beyond-visual line of sight to building sophisticated geospatial products, our team is thinking beyond how business is done today to how it will be done in the future."
Adding Industry Experts
The newly formed services team strengthens PrecisionHawk's ability to help its clients integrate aerial intelligence. Led by executives from leading firms like Booz Allen Hamilton, Deloitte, Oracle, Tetra Tech, Informatica and others, the team has decades of experience working with enterprises to add advanced technology into their existing operations. To date, results from clients across various sectors support the transformative value of drone technology by improving efficiency, increasing safety, mitigating risk and driving revenue.
"For enterprises, the first step to building a drone program is proving its value. By augmenting key processes like data capture, analysis, and visualization, program leaders will derive rich, actionable business intelligence. That takes more than just flying a drone or creating a map," said Jeffrey Freund, VP Construction Services at PrecisionHawk.
Building Advanced Drone and Analytics Technology for Industry
To further support its expansion into new markets, PrecisionHawk is adding to its Smarter' Drone and Data Packages Series. The pre-assembled packages for the construction, insurance, energy and government sectors include a drone, PrecisionHawk's suite of advanced sensors, plus integrated flight and data analytics software:
- Smarter Construction Package – Generate as-built 3D models with photogrammetry data and integrate those models across all phases of a project from pre-construction to project hand-over.
- Smarter Insurance Package – Create 3D imagery combined with analysis tools and modeling methods to quickly and efficiently deploy loss adjustment resources after a natural disaster or property damage following a wind, hail or fire event.
- Smarter Energy Package – Cover a large area in a systematic way to map and assess the environment. inspect pipelines and power-lines to proactively identify encroachment and sink spots and inventory assets.
- Smarter Government Package – Attach advanced sensors like LiDAR and Thermal to better understand, predict changes and plan for the built world and environment.
- Smarter Agriculture Package- The original smarter package. Support major decision-making throughout the season such as optimizing inputs, reacting to threats, improving variable rate, increasing efficiency of crop scouting and estimating yield.
To deliver 'Smarter' packages, PrecisionHawk is expanding on its exclusive partnership with DJI, the world's leading drone manufacturer. By coupling easy-to-use hardware with advanced analytics tools, they're setting a new standard for drone remote sensing.
PrecisionHawk is now offering its 'Smarter' packages as a monthly subscription. This promises customers access to the latest technology advancements in both hardware and software as they become available.
Visit PrecisionHawk this week at the Interdrone conference in Las Vegas, NV at booth 301.
About PrecisionHawk Inc.
PrecisionHawk is a leading provider of advanced commercial drone technologies. The company, founded in 2010, is privately held and located in Raleigh, NC. PrecisionHawk's client list of Fortune 500 companies and market-leading innovators spans 150 countries and the company has existing operations across six continents. PrecisionHawk is funded by leading venture capital firms and global technology investors including Intel Capital, Millennium Technology Value Partners, Verizon Ventures, a subsidiary of USAA, NTT Docomo Ventures, Yamaha Motor, DuPont and Indiana University.
More information about PrecisionHawk can be found at www.precisionhawk.com or on Twitter @PrecisionHawk.
SOURCE PrecisionHawk Inc.
Lia Reich, VP Communications | Email Contact | 919-590-9280