NORTH BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Progressive Technology Federal Systems, Inc. ( PTFS), today announced that it received a contract award from Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) for its flagship Knowvation GS™ Geospatial Content Management Systems (GeoCMS).
PTFS won this five year contract in a full and open competition that included a detailed technical proposal against a robust set of requirements and an extensive live demo in Salt Lake City. Solution highlights based on the Knowvation GS platform include:
- Searching across multiple data repositories via a master index created by Knowvation from one easy, intuitive interface
- Combining geospatial, full text, and metadata search techniques into one query to find targeted data in area of interest
- Simultaneously searching across structured and unstructured content in Oracle database, ProjectWise, Esri ARC GIS, shared drives and existing UDOT services
- Display of unstructured content from multiple repositories in the UDOT Esri ARC GIS Online site and access to actual files from same site
- Display and utilization of various state UDOT GIS data layers including LRS and milepost data
- Geospatial tagging non-geospatial files through intuitive browser based GUI
"Knowvation GS is a perfect fit for the UDOT requirements" said Dan Quinn, PTFS Vice President. "Using our technology will catapult UDOT into a leadership position with respect to managing, searching and disseminating their content," continued Quinn.
About PTFS ( www.PTFS.com)
PTFS is a leading provider of enterprise Content Management Systems (CMS) to federal, civilian, defense, and intelligence agencies. Established in 1995 and headquartered in North Bethesda, Md. just outside Washington, D.C., PTFS launched its flagship CMS offering, Knowvation™ (originally ArchivalWare™) in 2000 and released its GeoCMS product Droneware™ in 2015. PTFS CMS products are entirely web-based and best known for providing geospatial, FOIA and declassification, database integration, and digital library solutions.
Media Contact: Dan Quinn, PTFS, 301-654-8088 ext.154, Email Contact
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com