Kaazing and Pacific Disaster Center announce a strategic partnership to provide businesses with the same powerful technology used exclusively by top U.S. federal agencies and disaster management organizations around the globe for over a decade.
SAN JOSE, Calif., Mar. 08, 2018 — (PRNewswire) —
SAN JOSE, Calif., Mar. 08, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Today, Kaazing and Pacific Disaster Center announce a strategic partnership to provide businesses with the same powerful technology used exclusively by top U.S. federal agencies and disaster management organizations around the globe for over a decade. Powered by Pacific Disaster Center's global, cloud-based DisasterAWARE platform, DisasterAWARE Enterprise will soon be released as the most advanced enterprise risk intelligence platform in the industry.
"We are excited to partner with Kaazing and to bring private industry the same life-saving science and technology that has grown out of decades of collaboration with agencies who share our mission to protect millions around the world," said Pacific Disaster Center Executive Director Ray Shirkhodai. "We anticipate DisasterAWARE Enterprise will allow businesses to take more proactive steps in protecting their people, assets, and investments."
Kaazing, a leader in enterprise application-to-application solutions agrees. According to Kaazing CEO Bob Miller, the unprecedented losses from natural disasters in 2017 provide but one example of the need for enterprises to have reliable science and technology to make informed decisions and minimize risk. To help the Center scale DisasterAWARE for enterprise use, Kaazing is embedding its technologies into the platform.
"Like no other time in history, densely populated areas are exposed to an increasing frequency and severity of hazards," said Miller. He continued, "Kaazing is proud to release DisasterAWARE Enterprise in partnership with PDC and to help businesses access global hazard monitoring and highly accurate predictive impact modeling for risk management and business continuity planning worldwide."
Kaazing and Pacific Disaster Center—an applied research center managed by the University of Hawaii—will unveil DisasterAWARE Enterprise during the upcoming Business Resilience Conference in San Francisco on March 22, 2018. The Software as a Service (SaaS) will be available through Kaazing online, allowing subscribers easy access to the product.
DisasterAWARE Enterprise key features include:
- Real-time, global hazard monitoring with dashboards, customizable alerts, social listening tools, draw and bookmark sharing, and live traffic camera feeds.
- Predictive hazard modeling for estimating impacts and damages for a variety of hazards.
- Visual geospatial intelligence, mapping data from 200 sources that provide current forecasts and observations, historical hazard data, infrastructure, demographic, global risk and vulnerability, conflict, and a host of other risk-related data.
- Client data-friendly enabling customer information, such as the location of staff, offices, supply chain routes, to be easily imported into the system.
- Integrated interagency situational reports aggregated from international agencies as well as sources like the National Weather Service, NASA, NOAA, CDC, and others.
- Scalable, flexible, and easy to implement across any industry from supply chain logistics, travel, insurance, education, airports, healthcare, mining, finance, retail, and global enterprises.
- Offline support for global maps, hazard data editing, passive and implicit spatial data cache access.
- Multi device support: PC, tablet and mobile phone (Android, iOS).
- Localization supporting six different languages including English, Spanish, Indonesian, Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Kaazing is the leading provider of event-driven, over-the-web connectivity for enterprise. Its key differentiators are scalability, security and speed of delivery with the most cost effective solution. Kaazing's customers include one of the world's largest energy-producing and trading companies, three of the world's top ten banks, one of America's top three professional sports franchises, one of Europe's most sophisticated rail transportation networks and two of the top three transportation companies in the World.
|Company Name: Kaazing