LOUISVILLE, Ky., September 29, 2010 – Spatial Data Integrations, Inc. (SDI), a leader in utility mapping, software development and geospatial solutions, is pleased to announce the release of SDImaps™ version 2.2.
First introduced in 2004, SDImaps™ is specifically designed for the utility industry and is intended to give the power of GIS to users with all levels of computer experience. The software enables users to more efficiently manage infrastructure assets and create an accurate up-to-date system map without having to know GIS theory or database design and administration. SDImaps is an extension of ArcGIS® 10.x software, a product of GIS industry leader, ESRI.
New to SDImaps 2.2
- Fundamental changes to SDImaps toolbars, especially with the editor toolbar, reflecting changes in the way that ArcView handles editing
- The SDImaps Table of Contents reflects changes to ArcView’s Table of Contents; there are now five options for the TOC
- List by drawing order
- List by source
- List by visibility
- List by selection, and
- Options (options of how things are displayed within the TOC)
- Replaced Streetmap toolbar with Find Route command on the Main SDImaps toolbar
- Add ability to “snap” measurement lines to features (so, if the user is measuring from a valve to a valve, the measure line will snap right to each valve, for more accurate measurements)
- Added a new ‘Export’ menu option for exporting out measurement graphics to file (shapefile or GDB feature class)
- Converted the Identify tool into a dockable window
- Improvements to the Perform Topological QC Checks tool
- Improvements to the Selection Crafter tool
As always, with every new release, there have been behind-the-scenes improvements of SDImaps that were brought to our attention by clients and professionals in the utility industry.
Founded in 1994, SDI is a full service ISO 9001:2000 compliant geospatial services firm providing a wide variety of geospatial solutions, including database design and maintenance, systems and data integration, military intelligence and homeland security, emergency management and response, and application development. With locations in Louisville and Grayson, Kentucky and Greenwood, Indiana, SDI specializes in providing high quality digital mapping and geospatial services to government, utilities and private sector businesses.
Geospatial Services Project Manager
Tel: (317) 884-5070
email: Email Contact