Presentations sought for topics related to the tornado outbreak of April 27thand cybersecurity
June 2, 2011 – Huntsville, AL - The fifth annual Rocket City Geospatial Conference has issued a call for presentations inviting geospatial professionals and students to share their efforts illustrating how geographic information system (GIS) technology is being used in their industry or research. The event will also host the Alabama GIS conference. It will attract local and state government professionals and businesses that utilize digital mapping technology and GIS for applications such as environmental protection, economic development, urban planning and critical infrastructure management.
The conference will be held November 15 and 16, 2011 in the Davidson Center for Space Exploration at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. This conference will feature an array of user case studies, technical sessions and vendor presentations through a series of organized tracks.
Because of certain events that have impacted both local and international communities we will have a particular focus on these topics:
- Emergency Response to the Tornado Outbreak in Northern Alabama
- Location and Security of the Nation's Nuclear Power Plants
- Cybersecurity and Geospatial Technology
We are also looking for presentations in these main topic areas:
- Census 2010 and redistricting
- Defense and intelligence applications (GEOINT)
- Next generation E-911
- Crisis Mapping – Health and human safety during natural and terrorist disasters
- Remote Sensing – Satellite image analysis and processing
- Cloud Computing – Geoprocessing in new platform and software as a service environments
- Pervasiveness of new applications in citizen engagement and authoritative data sources
- Public safety and law enforcement
- Postal addressing
All presentation abstracts should be submitted before September 30.
Registration and information
The conference organizers encourage early registration, which will cost only $195. The cost for students is $75. More information about the conference can be found at the conference website Www.RocketCityGeospatial.com.
About Directions Media
The conference is hosted by Directions Media, the global leader in collectively covering all aspects of location technology: geographic information systems (GIS), location intelligence, digital mapping and location-based services (LBS). Directions Media, with offices in Huntsville, Alabama and Glencoe, Illinois, encompasses six media properties: Directions Magazine, Directions Magazine français, Directions Magazine Español, and All Points Blog as well as the Location Intelligence and Rocket City Geospatial annual conferences. More information can be found at www.DirectionsMedia.net.
E-mail: Email Contact