Outstanding Advisory Board to Guide Development of Conference
SAN JOSE, CA, January 24, 2017 - Following an extremely successful gathering for the commercial drone industry, the Drone World Expo team with the help of an outstanding Advisory Board, is preparing for its 3rd annual event, which will return to the San Jose Convention Center, October 3-4, 2017. The exhibit hall will feature more than 100 exhibiting companies showcasing and demonstrating the newest products and solutions, alongside a world-class education program featuring a stellar line up of end users, industry and government experts.
"We are thrilled to be working with such an extraordinary and active Advisory Board to help us develop a unique and forward-thinking educational program which will offer diverse perspectives from more than 100 end users and thought leaders," said Joelle Coretti, Vice President and Event Director, Drone World Expo. "We received nothing but positive feedback from the thousands who joined us at 2016's Drone World Expo. We've just held our first Board meeting of the year and we're already off to a great start, once again designing a program for the industry, by the industry."
Drone World Expo Advisory Board Members:
- Greg Agvent, Senior Director, News Operations, CNN
- Mark Bathrick, Director, Office of Aviation Services (OAS), U.S. Department of the Interior
- Robert Blair, Farmer/Vice President of Agriculture, Measure
- Michael Chambliss, Technologist, International Cinematographers' Guild
- Brad Cheney, Director, Technical Operations, FOX Sports Media Group
- Eric Cheng, Photographer, Eric Cheng Photography
- John "JC" Coffey, Executive Director, Unmanned Systems, Cherokee National Technology Portfolio
- Pete Dumont, President & CEO, Air Traffic Control Association (ATCA)
- Chris Dunn, Commander, Ventura County Sherriff's Office
- Lisa Ellman, Global UAS Practice Chair, Hogan Lovells; Co-Executive Director, Commercial Drone Alliance
- Jonathan Evans, CEO, Skyward
- Biren Gandhi, Distinguished Strategist, Corporate Strategy Office, Cisco
- Douglas Johnson, Vice President, Technology Policy, Consumer Technology Association (CTA)
- Lawrie Jordan, Director of Imagery and Remote Sensing, Esri
- Jesse Kallman, Director of Customer Engagements and Regulatory Affairs, Airware
- Iain Kerr, CEO, Ocean Alliance
- Andrew Krawczel, Aviation Services Manager, San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
- Travis G. Mason, Public Policy, X
- Matt Merrifield, CTO, The Nature Conservancy of California
- John Palatiello, Executive Director, MAPPS, An Association of Photogrammetry, Mapping and Geospatial Firms
- Matt Parker, Vice President, Precision Integrated Programs
- John L. Petersen, Chairman, The Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation
- Ingo Piroth, North America GTM Lead Partner, IBM Innovation & Emerging Tech, IBM Global Business Services
- Chidambaram Somu, Virtual Construction Manager, DPR Construction
- Andrea Steffke, Remote Sensing Scientist, Chevron Energy Technology Company
- Gretchen West, Senior Advisor, Innovation and Technology, Hogan Lovells
- David Wood, San Jose State University
- Eric Woodyard, Technology & Innovation Program Manager, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E)
The Advisory Board has already begun to identify the most pressing topics to focus on for 2017 and prospective presenters are invited to submit ideas for sessions and case studies. Proposed sessions should be related to commercial applications and issues including how drones are enabling and enhancing construction, agriculture, video and film, law enforcement, public safety, energy, oil and gas, catastrophe response, mapping and surveying, communications, delivery, research and conservation, humanitarian relief, firefighting, search and rescue operations and more. For the criteria for speaker and session submissions, and to submit your proposal, visit http://droneworldexpo.com/tospeak.asp.
In addition to the education program, there will be over 100 companies displaying new products and services on the show floor. Many of the exhibitors from the 2016 event responded enthusiastically about their experience at the trade show and have already secured space for 2017. If interested in learning about exhibiting or sponsored speaking opportunities, contact Michael Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-416-1924.
Drone World Expo 2017 will be held October 3-4, 2017, once again at the San Jose Convention Center. For more information, visit www.droneworldexpo.com. The event is produced by JD Events ( www.jdevents.com), dedicated to the creation of targeted and innovative industry-leading events that deliver results. The company brings together highly qualified buying audiences, education-rich content and high-level networking opportunities -- all geared toward increasing business transactions in the markets it serves.
For further information and to register for press credentatials, contact: