11 is the magic number for Alpha Five for rapid web and mobile application development
BURLINGTON, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 3, 2012 — Today Alpha Software announced the release of its 11th feature pack for Alpha Five Version 11, the rapid web and mobile application database development platform that’s setting new standards for performance, capabilities, and speed of development.
The 11 feature packs save developers time by tackling specialized requirements without the need for additional code. Developers can simply plug an Alpha Five feature pack into the core platform to gain the specific features they need. The following 11 feature packs are now available:
- Image gallery component detects the capabilities for each mobile device, and supports gestures and pinch zoom. It also displays pictures on the desktop and the web, as well as automatically adjusting the orientation.
- Video player component allows users to embed flash and HTML5 video flawlessly into their applications.
- Google Maps component lets desktop, web, and mobile applications have GIS capabilities by linking to Google Maps web services to perform geographic searches. It also displays points on a map in multiple layers.
- Calendar component provides a way to work with events and dates through an intuitive and robust calendar interface. With this feature pack, sophisticated scheduling applications with complex logic become extremely easy to build.
- Embedded calendar control for dialog components allows the calendar to be used as a date picker, as well as displays events in an easily modifiable calendar UI.
- Slider control for dialog components makes it easy to set filter ranges and gives applications cutting-edge functionality and form.
- Search and navigation for dialog components allows users to add very rich search parts with ease, and navigate records by using next/buttons, slider controls, or by picking records from a list.
- Power search in grids for dialog components creates a power search module to find and filter records in a grid.
- Live link embedded grids for dialog components causes the records in the target grid to be filtered, but also automatically set to the corresponding value in the parent component.
- Power search for embedded reports in dialog components can be used to easily create a complex search part for a report, so the end-user can enter search criteria to define exactly which records to display.
“With these 11 new feature packs, we have further extended the already significant functionality and productivity that developers get when they choose Alpha Five for rapidly building powerful data-driven web and mobile applications,” says Richard Rabins, Co-Chairman of Alpha Software.
Alpha Five feature packs are sold individually, ranging from $99 to $499, but are included free to Alpha Five subscribers. For more information, videos, and descriptions, please visit the complete list of feature packs for Alpha Five Version 11.
To learn more, visit Alpha Software’s website at http://alphasoftware.com/; blog at http://blog.alphasoftware.com/; or contact Alicia Buonanno at (610) 228-2096 (office), (610) 659-9404 (mobile), or write to Email Contact.
ABOUT ALPHA SOFTWARE
Since 1982, Alpha Software has been providing developers with award-winning tools that make it easy to build business applications. Today over 1 million developers and tens of millions of users rely on Alpha Software's Alpha Five. The company is privately held, and based in Burlington, Mass. Alpha Software can be found on the Web at http://www.AlphaSoftware.com. The company's blog is located at http://blog.AlphaSoftware.com.
Review copies and training available to press and bloggers.
Alicia Buonanno, 610-642-8253