GISCafe
   >> GIS Tools
Thread views: 22254 View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
scout
(Stranger )
03/17/12 07:11 AM
automate selection tool Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

I have a shapefile with roads that includes zip codes.  Is there a quick way to collect all of the roads from each zip code into their own shapefile without having to go zip code by zip code?

scrabblehack
(Newbie)
03/20/12 06:08 AM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: scout]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Are you using ArcMap or ArcInfo?

scout
(Stranger )
03/20/12 06:25 AM
Re: automate selection tool [re: scrabblehack]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ArcMap

jtibu
(Stranger )
03/20/12 12:37 PM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: scout]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

ET Geowizards comes with a tool that splits your shp files via attributes. However the trial version I believe limits the splitting to 100 features.

I did a quick search on ESRIs website and someone has posted a script that should do the trick as well

http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=14127

Cheers

mali
(Stranger )
10/23/16 01:16 PM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: jtibu]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

found was looking for, thanks! 

router

monica123
(Stranger )
11/02/16 09:03 AM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: mali]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Admiring the dedication you put into your site and in depth information you present.

It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out

of date rehashed material. Great read! psoriasis

kamilabi
(Stranger )
03/14/17 02:43 AM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: jtibu]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

thanks jtibu. I glad for this.

karga mp3

BmiCalculator
(Stranger )
03/25/17 08:27 AM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: monica123]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

Thanks so much for this wonderful and great website as well as this post.

bmi calculator

Iris119
(Stranger )
04/08/17 02:57 AM

Google

Masonry
(Stranger )
04/22/17 12:53 AM
Re: automate selection tool new [re: Iris119]Report this article as Inappropriate to us !!!Login to Reply

This is the perfect type of tool for finding the zip codes. Really helps identify my market base for my concrete masonry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

LaserTech
Teledyne Optech
University of Denver GIS Masters Degree Online
Teledyne:
Interdrone 2018

Internet Business Systems © 2018 Internet Business Systems, Inc.
25 North 14th Steet, Suite 710, San Jose, CA 95112
+1 (408) 882-6554 — Contact Us, or visit our other sites:
AECCafe - Architectural Design and Engineering EDACafe - Electronic Design Automation TechJobsCafe - Technical Jobs and Resumes  MCADCafe - Mechanical Design and Engineering ShareCG - Share Computer Graphic (CG) Animation, 3D Art and 3D Models
  Privacy PolicyAdvertise